Rue Beaubourg is located on the 3rd and 4th arrondissement of Paris. It measures 588 meters and has a width between 20 and 30 meters. This street begins at 14 rue Simon le Franc to finish the street Turbigo. The name was Beaubourg clean the streets of Grenier Saint Lazare and Michel-le-Comte only once.
The history of the land on which stands the rue Beaubourg actually began in the 12th century when several peasant families in this place built several cottages. Homes continued to evolve and spread to form a village called "Beau-Bourg." Over time, the place was transformed and dynamism was gradually installed at the point in the middle of the 20th century, many old buildings and ancient streets disappeared in favor of some more modern buildings.
The old streets like street ovens, portions of the street of Venice and the rue Simon le Franc were removed and the renovation of the district began in 1930 and continued until 1960. Rue Beaubourg displays increasingly turn penchant for modernity and sees the inauguration of the Centre Georges Pompidou in 1977.
In the 21st century, rue Beaubourg still retains few memories of history including the cemetery of Saint-Nicolas-des-Champs. However, this rue breathes modernity to bring out the most modern Paris. The National Centre for Art and Culture Georges Pompidou is a witness to this incredible metamorphosis. This huge architectural marvel of 90,000 m2 each year attracts millions of visitors.
Transfer to the rue Beaubourg in Paris Rue Beaubourg is located 18.7 km from Orly Airport to 26.6 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 87.1 km from Paris Beauvais airport.