Shuttle transportation Rue aux Ours to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Rue aux Ours in Paris
Located in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris, the Rue aux Ours serves as liaison between the Boulevard Sebastopol and Rue Saint-Martin. It is extended to the east by the rue du Grenier Saint Lazare, and to the west by the rue Etienne Marcel. The street is served by Rambuteau and Etienne Marcel. It has a length of 90 meters and a width of 20 meters.
The construction of the road back to the 13th century and in 1770 was named the street wester or geese. The street name was derived from the fact that there had been many roasters who lived from the 13th century. In fact, as "bear" is an alteration of the old word "wester" within the meaning of geese. In the 13th century, the street ended at the rue Saint-Denis at No. 202 and 204. Part of the street between the Boulevard Sebastopol current and Rue Saint-Denis was built in the rue Etienne Marcel in 1854.
The Rue aux Ours is surrounded by a tradition which is narrated various generations. A Swiss soldier was a sacrilege against the statue of the Virgin Mary called Our Lady of Carole who was at the time in the corner of the room-Comte. The road disappeared during the construction of the Boulevard Sebastopol.
According to this tradition, the soldier struck the statue of the Virgin sword coming out of a bar. Thus the statue bled. The veracity of the story is questionable. However, a popular festival in memory of this history was organized in the Rue aux Ours daily from July 3 to be the Revolution put an end to this tradition.
Transfer to the Rue aux Ours in Paris
The Rue aux Ours is located 18.9 km from Orly Airport to 26.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.9 km from Paris Beauvais airport.