Shuttle Roissy Charles de Gaulle to Rue de l'Ave-Maria in Paris
History and visit the Rue de l'Ave Maria in Paris
The street from the Ave Maria of the fourth arrondissement of Paris connects the rue Saint-Paul and rue du Fauconnier. Before being called rue de l'Ave Maria, she was named rue des Barres, referring to the nickname given by the population to Cormes who lived in a convent at this location: the coat is distinguished by Cormes these bands black and white.
In 1260, St. Louis offered the convent nuns named Beguines. Arrival to the throne, Louis XI was replaced by the girls of St. Clair nicknamed "Sisters of the Third Order of Penance and observance Mr. Saint-François. "Driven by his devotion to the Virgin, who is at the origin of three recitations of the Ave Maria, the king decided to call this monastery Ave Maria.
These nuns are known by their living conditions based on austerity pushed to the extreme. According Jaillot: "They have no income, live on alms, do not fat, even in sickness, fast every day, except Sunday, barefoot and bare ground, have no cell or lay sisters, do not wear clothes, sleep on hard and go at midnight choir, where they remain standing until three hours despite this, the monastery has always been very numerous. '
At his death, Mathieu Molé was buried in the convent of Ave Maria. The tomb is still visible at the site today.
Transfer to the street of Ave Maria in Paris The street of the Ave Maria is located 21.5 km from Orly Airport to 26.5 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 100 km from Paris Beauvais airport.