History and visit the Rue des Barres in Paris
Located in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, Rue des Barres is the rue de l'Hôtel de Ville in the rue François-Miron. 13 Thermidor year VI, a ministerial decree fixing the length of the street to 8 m.
In 1250, she took the name of the mills that were the bars to the alley that became known as the Moulins des Barres. It was named in 1293, alley mills of Temples because the mills were the possession of the Templars. In 1386, she was called to be street Bedside-Saint-Gervais or rue des Barres. It was not until the seventeenth century it definitely took the name rue des Barres.
The hotel located in the bars of No. 4 was built around 1250. Following its acquisition by the monks of Saint-Maur, he became hotel Saint-Maur. A few years later, it was the home of Louis de Bourdon. This is one of the lovers of Isabeau of Bavaria, which was the wife of King Charles VI. The king ordered his men to kill his rival after it caught visiting his wife in the castle of Vincennes.
Then came the turn of the lords of Charny to purchase the hotel. Having housed the office of the general administration of aid, in 1792 it became the capital of the Common House. After use during a part of the Revolution as a house of justice of peace, he finally became a private house. Much of the hotel was removed due to the construction of the Pont Louis-Philippe.
The rue des Barres also housed the convent of the Daughters of the Cross. These religious mission was to educate girls. Following the abolition of the community in 1790, the monastery became national property and has the No. 14 after its sale, which was made on 16 Vendemiaire year IV.
Transfer to the rue des Barres in Paris The rue des Barres is 17.6 kilometers from Orly airport, 32.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.