Pick up from Roissy Charles de Gaulle to Rue des Fontaines-du-Temple
History and visit the Rue des Fontaines du Temple in Paris
The rue des Fontaines du Temple is a highway in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris. Morphologically, the street starts at 181 rue du Temple and ends at No. 58 Rue de Turbigo. This street is 160 meters long and 10 meters wide. The name of the rue des Fontaines du Temple date of an order issued in February 1939.
The history of this beautiful street in Paris is closely linked to a convent belonging to Madelonnettes and the street itself bore the name Madelonnettes street once. It was a convent founded by the Marchioness of Meignelay and the bourgeois Robert Montry to accommodate promiscuous girls.
The convent was converted into political prison to 1793. This prison has hosted many famous people in the history of France as the Father Bartholomew, Fleurieu, General Champfort Lanoue and poet. No prisoner in this prison has crossed the threshold leading to the scaffold. In the late 18th century until the early 20th century, the convent served as home detention for women.
Today, rue des Fontaines du Temple shows a typical Parisian face. From the street Turbigo, you can see the beauty of the rue des Fontaines du Temple. The street is lined with large and beautiful buildings. These are the metro stations and Temple Arts and Crafts serving the site on which is the rue des Fontaines du Temple.
Transfer to the rue des Fontaines du Temple in Paris
Rue des Fontaines du Temple is located 19.9 km from Orly airport, 27.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.3 km from Paris Beauvais airport.