Pick up Orly airport to Rue du Petit-Pont in Paris
History and visit the Rue du Petit-Pont in Paris
In the fifth arrondissement of Paris, Rue du Petit-Pont connects the quai Saint-Michel streets Galande and St. Severin. Unlike most cases, this street is only a short extension of the Rue Saint-Jacques was, in the twelfth century, a distinct name "Pontius Vicus Parvi." In 1230, she became the Rue Neuve.
In 1687, the king ordered a stop expanding this street. It was rebuilt in the eighteenth century and extended to 9 m in 1907. It was at this moment that we demolished the hotel seventeenth century which was once envied for its beautiful balcony and motif carved head of Hercules (still visible today at the Musée Carnavalet). This hotel was some time during the reign of Louis XIV, the seat of the Spanish Embassy. Following the Ministerial Decision of 5 Vendemiaire year IX, signed by L. Bonaparte, the width of the highway is increased to 10 m.
Besides the Petit Pont and the Quai Saint-Michel, historical monuments still visible on the location, Marine House is the most attractive to tourists. This historic relic stands majestically on the place called Lairio or Besquenno. Rue du Petit-Pont, at the corner of the Rue de la Huchette was the 19 to 25 August 1944 a theater of bloody battles. Parisian insurgents gathered at the time of the site Fortin Huchette.
Transfer to the rue du Petit-Pont
Rue du Petit-Pont is located 50.5 km from Orly airport, 48.8 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 123 km from Paris Beauvais airport.