From Roissy Charles de Gaulleto Rue de la Cité in Paris
History and visit the Rue de la Cité in Paris
Rue de la Cité is a highway located in the heart of Paris, in the Notre-Dame. This street, belonging to the 4th district, the bridge leads Notre Dame to the Petit-Pont. The street of the city took its official name May 13, 1834 following a decision of the Minister of the Interior at the time.
This Parisian street was born from the merger of the Rue de la Lanterne, Market Street, Palu and that of Jewry in 1384. The regulation of numbering for this street came August 12, 1834 pursuant to a prefectural order. Historically, the street of the city was already a widely used way at the time of the occupation of Gaul by the Romans, because it was part of the Cardo Maximus Lutece.
To the west, the street of the city is bordered by the Place Louis-Lépine. It is a meeting place for lovers of flowers and birds because of the existence of "market flowers and birds." The Prefecture of Police is also a limit to the Rue de la Cité in the West. In its eastern part, the street is lined by the square of Notre-Dame and the Hotel-Dieu. The street of the city is considered the main artery that gives life to the Île de la Cité.
The street starts at the City dock Corsica and ends at the Parvis Notre-Dame, quai du Marché Neuf and Place Jean-Paul II. According to its morphology, this street measure 227 meters long and has a width of 20 meters. The street of the city is known for its wide and buildings rather dark and modestly decorated.
Transfer to the rue de la Cité in Paris
Rue de la Cité is located 19.2 km from Orly Airport, 33.5 miles from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.4 km from Paris Beauvais airport.