The city name comes from the Latin virus meaning place filled with putrid water, as before, the region was marked by marsh and Latin castellum which means castle or guardhouse. The history of the city dates back to prehistoric times. Researchers have discovered flint in the area. In the Gallo-Roman villa was built in this destination. In the Middle Ages, the lords reigned in the city and the land cultivated by the peasants were disentangled to lords and religious. This destination was focused on the planting of vines, grain crops and timber. Around the year 1790, two districts were unified to become the city of Viry-Châtillon-sur whose Viry-sur-Orge and Châtillon-sur-Seine. In the twentieth century, the development of the city is characterized by the arrival of the railroad and industrial areas.
Tourism and visits to Viry-Châtillon
There are many historical monuments in the city of Viry-Châtillon-sur. The terminals 11 and 12 to Phrygian cap terminals are classified as historical monuments March 22, 1934. In addition to the terminals, the Church is also a five spans listed building July 16, 1925. Institute of St. Clement is a building in the fourth quarter of the seventeenth century and was registered on 22 March 1983. Besides these monuments, the town still other attractions. However, tourists can admire the seventeenth century washhouse and Windmill nineteenth century. The Town Hall is a building to visit this destination.
To visit the city of Viry-Châtillon-sur tourists have the opportunity to appeal to professionals like us to transfer them from one site to another. Indeed, we propose three categories of cars whose collective shuttle, private car and luxury car VIP. These cars are comfortable and well equipped. A multidisciplinary driver will accompany you throughout the trip.
Transfer from Viry-Châtillon-sur to Paris airports
City Viry-Châtillon-sur lies 2 km from Savigny-sur-Orge and 22 km from Paris. This destination is 6.3 km from Orly Airport to 51.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 118 km from Paris Beauvais airport.