Shuttle van transfer from Rue du Montparnasse to Paris airports
History and visit the Rue du Montparnasse in Paris
The rue du Montparnasse is a route of the 6th arrondissement of Paris ET14. The creation of two parts that make up this street runs between 1773 and 1786. Formerly rural road communicating some parcels in the south of Notre-Dame-des-champs, the rue du Montparnasse became a highway by the publication of a royal decree of Fontainebleau in October 1773.
The first part of the street which starts at No. 1 to No. 35 was opened in 1775. This part proved to be a field that belonged to the Hôtel-Dieu de Paris. The second part of the street from No. 37 to No. 69 was opened in 1786. This part of land crafted between the boulevard Edgar-Midy and Boulevard from the South. Formerly, this second part of the rue du Montparnasse was the property of the city hospitals of Paris.
The street connects the Montparnasse boulevard Edgar-Quinet at Notre-Dame-des-Champs. The width of the first portion is 9.5 meters and its second part is 12 meters. The length of this road is 501 meters. The famous publisher Pierre Larousse lived at No. 17 on this street. The sculptor Constantin Brancusi disposed of a dwelling at 54. The historian Augustin Thierry died at No. 32.
By historic buildings it contains, the rue du Montparnasse richly deserves to be considered one of the most historic places in Paris. At No. 27-35 is the majestic Notre-Dame-des-Champs, which attracts visitors with its Romanesque style inspiration. No. 22 in the former Hotel Silenus direction now Collège Stanislas.
Transfer to the Rue du Montparnasse in Paris
The rue du Montparnasse is located 15.2 km from Orly airport, 37.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 97 km from Paris Beauvais airport.