Private car transfer from Saint-Michel to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Boulevard Saint-Michel in Paris
Boulevard Saint-Michel belongs to the boundary of the 5th and 6th arrondissement of Paris. Located in the districts of Val-de-Grâce, Sorbonne, Odéon and Mint, this boulevard begins at the Place Saint-Michel, near the Pont Saint-Michel and ends at the Avenue Georges Bernanos and-place Ernest Denis close to avenue de l'Observatoire. It has a length of 1380 meters and a width of 30 meters.
Historically, the boulevard was created in the 19th century by the Order of 26 February 1867. Its construction was conducted under the direction of Baron Haussmann in parallel with the Rue Saint-Jacques which marks the historic north-south axis. Boulevard de Sebastopol and the Boulevard Saint-Michel were the major new north-south axis of the city which was once called the Boulevard de Sebastopol left bank before enjoying its current name.
The boulevard is very popular and lively especially in the northern part of the boulevard because of its numerous and impressive bookstores and clothing shops. Tourists can admire the Gibert Joseph bookstore and bookshop Gibert Jeune and the Place Saint-Michel decorated with many beautiful buildings. You can still find the Hotel de Cluny, the Lycée Saint-Louis, 44, Mines ParisTech school at No. 60, and the university campus.
The boulevard is also adorned with plaques like the one on the front of the School of Mines at No. 60 in memory of the bombing of Paris in 1918, and that the liberation of Paris in 1944. There is another plaque at No. 81 in memory of a German air raid in 1918. A plate of Jules Vallès death in 1885 at number 77.
Transfer to the Boulevard Saint-Michel in Paris
Boulevard Saint-Michel is located 15.6 km from Orly Airport, 33.8 miles from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.8 km from Paris Beauvais airport.