Private transfer from Roissy CDG airport to Rue du Four in Paris
History and visit the rue du Four in Paris
Four street belongs to the 6th arrondissement of Paris. Located in the neighborhoods of Saint-Germain-des-Pres, Odeon, Notre-Dame-des-Champs, it starts at the Place d'Acadie and ends year No. 1 crossroads of the Red Cross, which is the current Place Michel Debré and n ° 1 rue du Dragon. It has a length of 400 meters and a width of 12.50 to 22 meters.
Historically, the street got its name Four current oven of the Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. This furnace was built at the corner of rue Neuve-old Guillemin, who is currently the section of the rue Bonaparte between the rue du Four and the rue du Vieux-Colombier. The street was not even paved and many others around 1551. The inhabitants of this street demanded the rehabilitation of the street to the provost of Paris forced to make these religious paved.
The street was named in the 13th century the name Vicus Furni, rue Bouvier Granche Jehan in 1296. In the 14th century it was known as Grand Saint-Germain's Causeway and King (1398, 15th century Grand rue du Four and rue du Bourg de la Maladerie, Chemin de Vaugirard and rue de la Blanche Goose, between Montfaucon street and street Cans, rue du Four and Saint-Germain.
Street still contains significant buildings. At No. 13 is the University of Paris Sorbonne. There is also the Institute of History and Philosophy of Sciences and Techniques. At No. 48 you can still find a building that held the first meeting of the plenary of the National Council of Resistance. It was May 27, 1943 that all leaders of the Resistance Jean Moulin recognized as the leader of the National Council of Resistance.
Transfer to the rue du Four in Paris
The rue du Four is located 16.6 km from Orly airport, 34.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.5 km from Paris Beauvais airport.