Private transfer between Rue Rabelais and Roissy CDG airport
History and visit the Rue Rabelais in Paris
Rabelais street belongs to the 8th arrondissement of Paris. Located in the Faubourg du Roule, Madeleine district, the highway begins at the Avenue Matignon and ends at the rue Jean-Mermoz. Established in 1769, rue Rabelais has a length of 118 meters. Width of 10 meters was set by a royal decree of 5 April 1846.
Historically, at the beginning of the 18th century, this street was called alley Rousselet which then spread to become road today rue du Cirque. According to a treaty concluded June 5, 1817 between the City of Paris and the Marshal Duke de Coigny, owner of a mansion located not far from the Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, the lane was closed for 20 years before to be open to the street in 1846 Montaigne is now called Rue Jean-Mermoz.
Street Rabelais sheltered places of historical memory. At No. 2 was a hotel built in the early 20th century by the Gerard family, owner of the Hotel de la Vaupalière, a part of the garden it. The same street number since 1925 housed the Jockey Club, founded in 1834, famous aristocratic circle, the oldest in Paris. At No. 3 is the Israeli Embassy. Do not forget that the # 1 was the hotel engineer Gustave Eiffel was demolished and replaced by a modern building.
The current name of the street is attached to a large figure of the French literature. In fact it was under deliberation of the municipal committee of Paris 21 December 1849 approved by a decree of 31 January 1850 that the street received its present name in honor of the famous writer François Rabelais.
Transfer to the Rue Rabelais in Paris Street Rabelais is located 22.5 km from Orly Airport to 31.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from Paris Beauvais airport.