Private transfer from rue Pavée to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Rue Pavee in Paris
Paved street is located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, in the Marais district. It begins at the rue de Rivoli and ends at the rue des Francs-Bourgeois. It was founded before 1235 and was the first paved street in the neighborhood. This is where it got its name. Any street width was fixed at 8 m at the beginning, but a royal decree of 14 October 1838 brought it to 10m. It currently measures 223 m long and 10-16 m wide although it is quite narrow and winding.
Part of the street was named Rue du Petit-Marivaux in 1235. This situation is between the rue du Roi de Sicily and the rue des Francs-Bourgeois. It changed its name several times: in 1406 it was renamed Rue du Petit Marais, then changed to rue Marivaux, in 1450 it took the name of the Rue Pavee-Marais and remained cobbled street. In 1838, the road was extended to the former rue Saint-Antoine. Twenty years later, it was shortened during the construction of the rue de Rivoli. Once she touched the walls of the royal residence of Philip Augustus.
Throughout the thirteenth century, they existed other cobbled streets such as Rue Pavee Saint-André-des-Arts on which sat in 1281 Pierre Chauchat, a professor at the Sorbonne or Bishop Robert Le Coq en 1358, Rue Pavee Saint-Sauveur ...
There are several notable buildings in the Rue Pavee such as the Hotel de Brienne at No. 12 which appointed hotel Chavigny before. Tronchet François Denis, a lawyer Louis XVI lived there too. At No. 24 is the hotel Angoulême Lamoignon which was built for the daughter of Henry II. She remained there until his death in 1619. The hotel is currently being used for the local Historical Library of Paris.
Transfer to Paris in the Rue Pavee
Paved street in Paris is 20 km from Orly airport, 38 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and 112 km from Beauvais Airport