Shuttle transfer from Pont de la Concorde to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Pont de la Concorde in Paris
The Pont de la Concorde is located in the region of Ile de France, crossing the Seine. It is a bridge-type arc measuring 153 meters long and 34 meters wide. Materials that bridge are stone and reinforced concrete. The construction of this bridge were made between 1787 and 1791 by the architect Jean Rodolphe Perronet. Enlargements were made from 1930 to 1932 by Henry Lang. It is recorded in historical monuments since 1975.
The Pont de la Concorde is composed of columns measuring 3 meters in diameter surmounted by five arches. It combines the Place de la Concorde to the Chamber of Deputies. The opening of this bridge was made in 1791. He bore other names including: Louis XVI and bridge deck of the Revolution. The name that door right now was given in 1830. The construction of this bridge is a project that dates back to 1725 during the implementation of the Place Louis XV now Place de la Concorde. Its construction was to change the local ferry.
Statues of eight generals who died during the campaigns of the First Empire, were placed on the bridge in 1810 by Napoleon Bonaparte. They have been replaced by huge marble statues twelve in number representing four ministers, four sailors and four soldiers. These were transferred to Versailles, as they were considered too heavy for the bridge.
Transfer to the Pont de la Concorde in Paris
The Pont de la Concorde is at an interval of 19.2 km from Orly Airport to 27.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89 km from Beauvais Airport.