Private car transfer from Pont des Invalides to Paris CDG airport
History and visit the Pont des Invalides in Paris
The Pont des Invalides is located in the French capital in franchising the Seine. It measures 152 meters long and 18 meters wide. It is the lowest bridge in the city of Paris and is largely masonry. The construction of this bridge were made between 1854 and 1856. The architects who contributed to the realization of this bridge are PMG Lagalisserie, J. Savarin and P. Vaudrey. It connects Canada's place and the place of Finland.
The construction of the bridge began in 1821. It measured 120 meters and had a single arch. A collapse of the building led to the abolition of the project. The project of building a new bridge is in place for the Universal Exhibition of 1855. It is composed of three batteries, one of which is central. The two old batteries are decorated with sculptures of military trophies. These sculptures are works of Astyanax Scaevola Bosio. The battery acts as a central pedestal two symbolic figures representing the naval victory made by Georges Diebolt and land victory made by Victor Vilain. An increase in the density of the bridge 25 to 30 cm was carried out in 1878.
Sidewalks underwent expansions in 1956. And at the Universal Exhibition of 1900, footbridges and disabled are put in place. The Pont des Invalides is accessible by subway and the nearest stations are: Champs Elysees, Alma Marceau, Clemenceau and Tour Maubourg.
Transfer to Pont des Invalides in Paris The bridge is disabled at a distance of 19.6 km from Orly Airport to 28.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.