Transport between Charles de Gaulle airport and the city of Chalon sur Saône
Chalon sur Saône, a beautiful tourist spot
The city of Chalon sur Saône is located at the crossroads of Scandinavia and the Mediterranean countries, attracting the curiosity of visitors. Its location near the Saone also facilitates the transport of goods by inland waterways. Moreover, the city has a considerable advantage through its port activities, its metallurgy and ceramics thanks to the arrival of Eduens in the seventh century BC and the Romans to the 1st century BC, without forgetting the Cabillonum the Roman road connecting Chalon sur Saone to Autun, Langres and Besançon.
Chalon sur Saône, the city of bishops in the fifth century
The vicars have become scouts from the town of Chalon sur Saône after the destruction of the Roman Empire in the fourth and fifth centuries, decision making and the Christian Church of Chalon sur Saône an episcopal city. It extends all around the Saint Vincent cathedral, its prelature and Chatelet edifice built in the mid-sixth century.
In the seventh century, the city of Chalon sur Saône is dominated by the Franks and Gontran, the grand-son of Clovis and become the King of Burgundy called as the capital of his kingdom. He led the city with the help of the episcopate.
Eleventh century: a commercial boom
This era marks the Chalon sur Saône growing commercially, namely the improvement of transport and payment systems and the organization of major international markets in Champagne had brought customer of Northern Italy or Flanders. Moreover, Chalon sur Saône established two annual international markets in 1237 and 1280. Moreover, Chalon sur Saône bourgeoisie has contributed greatly to the economic development of the city. It has exploited the inability of the Count's power invested and could place the authority of the ducal city under trusteeship in the twelfth century. From 1254, traders and craftsmen were free to organize themselves and in 1402, they got a common home. Therefore, the city is subject to a triple ducal administration, Episcopal and Municipal.
A sovereign city to the sixteenth century
Towards the end of the fifteenth century, the city of Chalon sur Saône was attached to the Kingdom of France. This proximity has resulted in a new fortification in 1555 and a citadel in 1562 for its defense and monitoring after the clashes between Catholics and Protestants. In 1561, following the solicitation of Charles IX, Jehan Regnauldin was elected chief magistrate of the city of Chalon sur Saône for one year re-elected.
Chalon sur Saône available internationally to the eighteenth century
The citadel that symbolized the defense of the city was destroyed in 1787. New facilities were established subsequently such as the pier in 1772 or couriers piercing the Canal du Centre between 1778 and 1791. Moreover, the famous museum Vivant Denon was inaugurated in 1821.
In the mid nineteenth century, Chalon sur Saône entered the world of industrialization. Indeed, the banks of the Saône were transformed by Schneider yards in 1839 and Champenois candy was born in 1861. At that time, the city has also experienced population growth and has expanded its territory to the cities nearby. Moreover, the bourgeoisie moved to the new district of the boulevard of the Republic in 1896. The new buildings of the Palace of Justice and City Hall was invested in 1842 and 1845. Modernism and cleanliness were as rigorously lighting streets with a 1838 gas system or installation of sewers en1849, without forgetting the great building of the nineteenth century, the railway that connects the city Chalon sur Saône in Dijon in 1849.
Increase to the twentieth century
Now teaching in primary schools is free from 1904 and the bridge Jean Richard was completed in 1913.
In addition, the institution of the Saint-Gobain glassworks and his employer working town in 1916, and starting the project HBM (Habitat Bon Marché) of Charreaux in 1929 explain the urban and industrial growth of the city of Chalon Saône on a north-north-west axis.
The size of the city in the XXI century
This era marks even more the extent of Chalon sur Saone that continues to develop its urban potential, consider a policy of sustainable development and to engage at regional and national level to name the Rhine-Rhône, railway line which allows it to reach Strasbourg in just 2:20, or linking the TGV to Paris in 1:15, not to mention completely restored courthouse and the new hospital.
Distance between Chalon sur Saône and Paris airports
Orly airport is the nearest to the town of Chalon sur Saône (331 km). As for Charles de Gaulle and Beauvais, the respective distance separating them from the town of Chalon sur Saône is 364 km and 424 km.