History of the church Saint-Paul Saint-Louis in Paris
History and visit the church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis in Paris
The church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis is located in the middle of the Marais in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. It is placed in the vicinity of Charlemagne school on St. Antoine. This is where the famous Roman Catholic worship there Parish church. It is attached to the Archdiocese of Paris. The construction of this church had started since in 1627 and ended in 1641. It was built by architects Etienne François Derand Martellange and architects who are Jesuits following orders of Louis XIII. The dominant construction of this religious building style is the classic style. It is served by the metro station Saint-Paul.
The church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis is dedicated to St. Paul the Hermit. The Chapel of St. Paul des Champs was the first religious institution dedicated to Saint Paul. It was built between 642 and 632 years at the corner of New Street St Peter and St Paul. This church was considered a monastic cemetery. The chapel was then given way to another church which became a parish church in 1125. Reconstruction work have been adopted for the church before being demolished in 1796. The present church was built to house the professed Jesuits in 1627. Its original name was Church of St. Louis of the professed house of the Jesuits. The first Mass in this church was celebrated May 9, 1641 one day ascent by Cardinal Richelieu. The church is placed in the hands of the canons of the convent when the Jesuits were expelled from France. During the massacres of September 1792, five priests were slaughtered in the church where a plaque in their memory. The celebration of Catholic worship was reinstated in the church in 1802. She wore the current name in memory of the former Church of St. Paul the Champs.
The church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis has a large number of movable appointed under Parisian heritage as the great gallery organ, the choir organ and the painting by Eugène Delacroix showing Christ in the suffering Garden of Olives. Buffet large organ that was built in 1867 is listed as a historic monument. Personalities were baptized in this church as Madame de Sevigne who is baptized in the first St. Louis chapel in 1626 and Jean Jacques Olier, who was the founder of the Priests of Saint Sulpice who was baptized September 20, 1608. The architecture of this church mixture of both Italian style and French style. It has a resemblance to the Church of the Gesu in Rome unlike these dimensions. It has a magnificent nave accompanied by an extraordinary dome is above the transept. The large windows in the upper offer considerable light inside the church. The plan of the church is cross-shaped and has a nave surrounded by chapels. The facade of this church was restored between August 2011 and October 2012 by mixing the Italian Gothic style of the Netherlands. It was made on the basis of the facade of the church of Saint Gervais Saint Protais of Paris.
Transfer to the church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis in Paris The church of Saint-Paul Saint-Louis is located at a distance of 19.9 km from Orly Airport, 29 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.