Transfer to the Museum of Arts and Crafts in Paris
History and visit the Museum of Arts and Crafts in Paris
The Museum of Arts and Crafts is located on the Rue Reaumur the 3rd arrondissement of the French capital. The opening of the museum was completed in 1794. It has 80,000 works and spans an area of 6000 square meters. The number of visitors per year to the museum reached 250,000. It is attached at the National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts. It is guaranteed by the label museum in France since 2002. Thus, there is a museum owned and is linked to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. It is served by the station Arts et Métiers metro. Adjustments were made to the subway station for the birthday of two hundred years of the conservatory.
The Museum of Arts and Crafts is created at the suggestion of Father Gregory during the national convention. It was originally founded to train engineers and technicians with technical and scientific presentations. It retains a large number of machines, drawings and models from the 19th and 20th centuries. The number of museum collections is increasing day by day with the national mission since 2003 is intended to safeguard the technical and scientific heritage. The museum is located in the former royal monastery of Saint Martin des Champs specifically in the walls of the monastery. All of the institutions awarded the Conservatory of Arts and Crafts in 1798 summer. Redevelopment work has been done on the buildings during the Second Empire and the July Monarchy. The work was supervised by the architect Leo Vaudoyer. Gothic Revival ornamentation were installed on the nave and the choir of the old church.
The Museum of Arts and Crafts carries permanent exhibitions and temporary exhibitions. Among the 80,000 works in the museum, only 4000 are exposed while the rest are kept in special rooms. The permanent exhibits are divided into seven distinct areas, including materials, construction, scientific instruments, communication, engineering, transport and energy. It also has other departments whose laboratory Lavoisier, educational Madame de Genlis and theater automata models. The first sets of museum objects were collected by Jacques de Vaucanson was a French engineer.
The Arts and Crafts was in its infancy installed in Hotel Mortagne in 1752 for various presentations. Among the oldest collections of the museum, there was in his collections as apareils mechanical loom or machine to organize. Later, the Museum of Arts and Crafts was founded on the collections of the Royal Academy of Sciences and physical practices of high society. The first director of the National Conservative arts and crafts was Claude Pierre Molard a former curator and demonstrator. The door of the museum opens to the public in 1802 while in 1850 there is the establishment of a laboratory for mechanical experiments. The National Office of Industrial Property and the museum for the prevention of occupational risks have joined the establishment in the early 20th century. The museum was renovated from 1992 to 2000 by Andrea Bruno and Luciano Pia.
Transfer to the Museum of Arts and Crafts in Paris The Museum of Arts and Crafts is located at a distance of 19.3 km from Orly Airport, 25.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.