History and visit the Institute of France in Paris
The Institute of France is also known as the French academic institution. The creation of this institution was made October 25, 1795. It is located on the Quai de Conti of the 6th arrondissement of the French capital. It is placed in the old establishment of the college of the four nations. It includes the Academy of Moral and Political Sciences, founded in 1795, the French Academy established in 1635, the Academy of Sciences, founded in 1666, the Academy of Fine Arts founded in 1816 as the Academy of Inscriptions and Belles Letters created in 1663. There are many foundations that are attached to this institution as historical monuments or museums. Historian and archaeologist Jean Marie Dentzer is the president of the institute in 2013. The Institute of France is accessible by Metro Pont Neuf.
The Institute of France is the former high school built on the will of Cardinal Mazarin in 1661. The building plans were designed by Louis Le Vau while the construction was carried out from 1662 to 1688. It housed the central school of the four nations in 1796 until 1802. Following the request of Napoleon, the building was the seat of Institute of France. the chapel of the institution has become a hall for meetings of academies. Another wing was added to the building in the 19th century by joining the pavilions. This wing was opened in 1846 and houses full sessions. The unit is classified as a historical heritage since 1862.
Following the removal of the Royal Academy, the institution was established. Regulations and the organization of its activities are enacted by the Act of April 4, 1796. The Institute is composed of three classes, with classes of physical and mathematical sciences, language and French literature, ancient languages and history and fine arts following the decree of 24 January 1803. Reorganizations have been made in the institution in 1816. The term academy was given for naming classes. The institute has an official logo of the portrait of the goddess Minerva who embodies reason, intelligence and wisdom. The Act of 18 April 2006 states that the institute is a legal entity subject to public law. It is subject to public accounting. It has six members including the Chancellor, the Administrative Committee, the General Assembly, the office that houses the President, the Chancellor, the director of the French Academy, the presidents of academies, perpetual secretary, president and technical commissions .
The Institute of France is linked to four research libraries, including the library of the institute, the Mazarine Library, the library Dosne Foundation Thiers library and the library of the Musée Condé. It receives donations from academics, but also figures such as works of art or real estate. Grant management is ensured by a director and curator for the Musée Condé. Among the donations include the foundations of Aumale, Siegfried, Thiers or Jacquemart. Statues are in the courtyard of the institution. A statue of Nicolas Condorcet, which was demolished in 1941 decorated the courtyard of the building. The statue was then rebuilt and relocated in 1991 to its location. A statue of the French Republic was placed on the dock Malaquais in 1980. It is the work of Jean François Soitoux
Transfer to the Institute of France in Paris The Institute of France is at a distance of 19.7 km from Orly Airport, 30.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.