The hotel is located on Lambert Street Saint Louis Island 4th arrondissement of Paris. This is a mansion built by the architect Louis Le Vau. It is located on the Ile Saint-Louis. The construction of this beautiful building were made in 1640. The decoration of the building was made by painters Lebrun and Lesueur. It is classified as a historic monument since 1862.
The Lambert hotel was built for Jean-Baptiste Lambert, but after the death of the latter is his brother Nicolas Lambert Thorigny known as the Rich Lambert who became the owner of the building. Lambert Rich was President of Chamber of Accounts. The entire building became the property of the farmer-general Claude Dupin in 1729 and the Marquis du Chatelet in 1739. Several owners have succeeded as the owners of this mansion as Solomon, Benjamin, Stephen Hague or the Chilean billionaire Arthuro Lopez-Willshaw. Upon the death of Guy de Rothschild, the hotel was sold to an emir of Qatar. The latter wanted to make upgrades to the building as the establishment of an underground garage, elevator or air conditioning. Many personalities opposed to the project in order to maintain the monument in good condition and especially to keep the historical value of Paris through the hotel. The members of the Committee of Old Paris and the Paris Historical Association is adamantly opposed to the renovation project.
The Hotel Lambert was also the largest cultural center, social and political Poles Paris. Great celebrations were held here by Prince Adam. It thus became a meeting place for many people like Frederic Chopin, Delacroix, Alphonse de Lamartine, Balzac, Hector Berlioz, George Sand and Adam Mickiewicz. With those big balls and various Polish events organized in the hotel, it became a place of meeting and liberal aristocratic Polish emigration. A Polish library is still within the vicinity of the Hotel Lambert. The hotel consists of two floors and a ground floor. The ground floor is a common part of the first floor is reserved for receptions while apartments are on the second floor. This hotel is characterized by the Hercules gallery whose ceiling is decorated by Charles Le Brun in 1650 while the bas-reliefs are decorated by Gerard Van Opstal. Work changes were made to the buildings in the 18th, 19th and 20th century. This hotel is always the image of the modern architecture of the city of Paris. It marks and artistic and technical changes. It features an interior and large windows over. This hotel is characterized by its magnificent rotunda and its beautiful garden. The architect Louis Le Vau despite his young age during construction put all these skills and qualities to make this unique hotel.
The architect Le Vau built for himself a hotel bearing his name on the Quai d'Anjou. It was built in the 17th century. The facade of the hotel reflects that of the Lambert Hotel. The architect lived in his house between 1642 and 1650. These children were born in this building while his mother died there. On the death of Louis Le Vau, Le Vau became the property of the family of The Hague. This family was already the owner of the Hotel Lambert, and the two buildings were combined.
Transfer to the Hotel Lambert in Paris Lambert The hotel is located at a distance of 19 km from Orly Airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.