History and visit the André Citroën Park in Paris The André Citroën Park is a large green space which is at 2 rue de la Montagne-de-la-Fage, in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. This is one of the largest city parks spanning fourteen hectares. It was created in the nineties to the point and place of the old Citroën factory. It helps to have a beautiful landscape on the Seine. It is served by the RATP bus lines 42 and 88, the T3 tramway Pont du Garigliano, the line C Boulevard Victor and bleach as well as RER lines 8 and 10 subway stations and Lourmel Balard and Javel-André Citroën.
In the fifteenth century, the small bleach port was the meeting place for boaters. In 1777, it was arranged for the construction of a chemical plant. The facility allowed the future Charles X, the Comte d'Artois, to create the famous water disinfectant bleach name, derived from the name of the village. Bleach was a great success. Several manufacturers are launched in this area until the Citroën factory which belonged to the engineer André Citroën came in 1915. The lack of ammunition which existed during the First World War led Citroën to engage in the manufacture of cartridges, shells, grenades ... Although his business was flourishing, he stopped the manufacture of munitions and turned to the automotive industry in 1919. This new activity was successful he could build another plant which spread over an area of 55,000 square meters.
In 1958, the Quai de Javel took the name of André-Citroën by a decision of the City Council. There were changes in the organization of the Citroën factory. In 1972, there remained the seat of the factory on the Quai André-Citroën. Activities as they were displaced in Aulnay-Sous-Bois. In 1982, the entire mill took root in Neuilly-sur-Seine. Eight years later, André-Citroën park occupied the site of the old factory. Inaugurated in 1992, it took 43,000 cubic meters of earth to achieve it.
The park is divided into three parts. There is firstly the White Garden which covers a hectare. Scatters perennials, it is open to all those who want to walk or play. Then he has the Black Garden, with an area of 2 hectares. It is adorned with sixty fountains and large trees such as pine, oak ect. Finally, a large central park that occupies the greater part of the park in an area of 11 hectares. It is open to the Seine through its many fountains.
North of the park stand two monumental greenhouses. One is home to exotic plants and other Mediterranean plants. The northern part is lined with six gardens above which are placed six small greenhouses. They are called serial gardens because they each represent different themes such as color, metal, planet, a day of the week, a relationship with water and meaning. In addition to these six gardens, you can also see the garden's Metamorphoses and garden movement that are both themed gardens. Visitors can view the site in height through a large captive gas balloon balloon called Air de Paris. It can fly up to five hundred feet high, with thirty passengers. Shuttle from André Citroën Park to Paris airports The André-Citroën park is located 16.7 kilometers from Orly Airport, 36.3 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 91.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.