Huge infrastructure from a height of 18 m, this triumphal arch called Porte de Saint-Martin is currently ranked as a world historical monument. This gate is located in France in the city of Paris, it was the work of architect Pierre Bullet. If we look closer to its location, it can be inferred that it was built on the ruins of the famous "'wall of Charles V'. ' The first buildings date back to 1674 on the orders of King Louis XIV of France. As worn Saint-Denis, it also reflects the successive victories of Louis XIV in the Rhine and in Franche-Comte. It was Pierre Bullet, a disciple of the architect François Blondel, who was in charge of its construction. It officially became a historical monument in 1863.
Long before the doors of triumph had been built, the streets of Saint-Martin had also sheltered walled enclosures. The current monument is discovered in the city of Paris was the successor of the fortified gates dating from medieval times. Saint-Merri The bow was the name of the first gate of St. Martin, if the historical coordinates of the location are followed, it should be at the Place Edmond Michelet in the present city of Paris. The second successor named Saint-Martin dated thirteenth century door, the northern part of the intersection of two streets Saint-Martin Grenier-Saint-Lazare was his old location. The penultimate Porte Saint-Martin was standing in the fourteenth century, the country house that served as protection was completely demolished in 1673.
The fourth Porte Saint-Martin is the one that is currently located in the extreme north of the rue de Saint-Martin, in the city of Paris.Toute architecture was made of limestone-based vermiculations, about the attic, it is completely made of marble. Since this is a triumphal arch, the spandrels tell a story through allegories are marked. In the northern part of the door, we find the socket Limburg, symbolized by a woman sitting next to a lion, this victory was carved in 1675 by Peter I Legros. And there's also a figure of a woman and protected by old Louis XIV when the latter won the war against the Germans, it was the work of sculptor Gaspard Marsy. As for the south side, we discover a representation of Louis XIV up like the Greek character Hercules, put naked, adorned with a wig on his head and walking proudly on the Greek god Achelous, this marks the Out of the Triple Alliance. Etienne is the gelding who was the sculptor. And one last sculpture clearly shows Louis XIV standing near an olive tree and a palm tree, receiving his hands from the keys of a woman kneeling position, this image speaks of taking Besançon, the merit of the work returns to Van Den Bogaert. Overall, the Porte Saint-Martin is dug in the center by a large driveway and on both side sides, there are two pedestrian crossings. This monument located in the 10th district was entitled to a restoration in 1989, a few years later after his appointment in the list of world monuments. Tourists come daily to visit this gigantic infrastructure dating from the seventeenth century.
Shuttle Porte Saint Martin to Paris airports The door of Saint-Martin is 22 km from Orly Airport, 28 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 105 km from Beauvais Airport.