History and visit Cernuschi Museum in Paris
The Cernuschi Museum is located in an old mansion in the Avenue Velasquez, near the Parc Monceau in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It was built by architect William Bouwens van der Boijen. This is a museum that exhibits works of art from the Far East such as Japan, Vietnam, China and Korea. It is ranked second specialized museum of Asian arts in France and fifth museum dedicated to Chinese art in Europe. Busy, it holds the sixth-ranked municipal museums of Paris with sixty thousand visitors it receives every year. Inaugurated in 1898, it is one of the oldest museums in the city. The museum has more than twelve thousand works, most of which is the history of humanity. Public administrative establishment Museum Paris took over its management from 1 January 2013. This site is served by the Villiers metro station.
According to history, the museum Cernuschi born when the city of Paris became the owner of a mansion and all collections of works of art that restrained, belonging to Henry Cernuschi in 1896. After the dramatic events of the Commune, the financial of Italian origin, Henri Cernuschi, along with Theodore Duret, a young art critic, went around the world between 1871 and 1873. Passionate about art, he packed his collection of about four thousand works of Japanese and Chinese during his stay in Asia art. Back in France, the entire collection, specifically works in bronze, was presented to the Orientalist exhibition which took place from August 1873 until January 1874. During this period, Cernuschi appropriated from Pereire brothers of a parcel of land located on the avenue Velasquez. He asked the architect William Van der Bouwens Boijend'y build a mansion. He adorned it its Asian works of art and made it his residence. At his death in 1896, he bequeathed the entire estate to the city of Paris. The museum was opened two years later and took the name of Cernuschi Museum in honor of its founder Henri Cernuschi. Secretary Cernuschi Eugène-Benoit Causse was the first director of the museum, followed by Henri d'Ardenne Tizac in 1905 René Grousset 1933, Elisseeff of Vadim in 1952, Maria Theresa Bobot in 1982, Gilles crush in 1994, Christine Shimizu in 2011 until today.
The architect designed the building Boijen by adopting a neoclassical style popular in northern Italy. You can see on the front medallions mosaic depicting Leonardo da Vinci and admired by Aristotle Cernuschi. The installation of the Republic of France in 1848 and 1870 was marked by two plaques inscribed with the words February and September. These are the doors of the entrance. Found inside the museum a large high-ceilinged room in the center of which stands a large bronze Buddha of the eighteenth century from the outskirts of Edo, Japan. The main stages of the journey Cernuschi and his companion in China and Japan are marked by plaques embedded in the ceiling. Between 2001 and 2005, the Cernuschi Museum has undergone major renovations. Showrooms that are on the ground floor were enlarged and the first floor has been restored. It is open to visitors with its permanent collections.
Transfer to Cernuschi Museum in Paris
The Cernuschi Museum is located 25.7 kilometers from Orly Airport, 28.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.