History and visit the College de France in Paris
The College de France is located in one of the oldest districts of Paris, the Latin Quarter in the 5th arrondissement. This college although very famous does not offer a degree. In return, all the courses you are given are free and open to everyone since its inception. It offers higher education and there are also practical scientific research. To get there, there are different bus lines like the 63, the 86 or the 87. It is also possible to take the subway down to 10 Cluny - La Sorbonne or Maubert - Mutuality. The College is open Monday to Friday between 9 am and 17 pm. Courses stop in late June and were resumed only early October each year.
The Collège de France was called Royal College to its creation. It was under the reign of Francis I in 1530 he was inaugurated, on the advice of Guillaume Bude. France was then in the midst of a renaissance. Intellectuals seem more satisfied with what is taught at the University of Paris, considered too rigid and that the material and teaching methods have changed little since its inception. The college courses then began with new materials not provided by the University of Paris as Hebrew or Greek. For this, we recruited six "royal readers." Before finding its current location, the College of France was first pregnant in college Tréguier and Cambrai. Philosophy came later as the subjects such as mathematics under the leadership of Henry II. The College attributed his first certificate in 1567 to Nicolas Goulus so he could teach Greek. The works for the construction of the College's current France began in 1610 under the reign of Louis XIII that it was Henri IV who decided and approved the plans. The plans were unfortunately not performed. Only part was built, not to mention the significant work delays. It is in 1699 that the College received its coat of arms, proudly bearing the motto "Omnia Docet."
After a little more than 150 in existence, that is to say in 1707, taught there 20 chairs. Under Louis XV, the architect Jean-François Chalgrin is assigned the task of expanding the college in 1772. And during the same year he was attached to the University of Paris. This cohabitation was not easy and the college never regained its independence only twenty years later. We gave him some time after the name of Imperial College before finally becoming the College de France in 1870. The last major changes to the building took place a few years before this appointment and was directed by Paul Letarouilly. The rest of the work since then happened mostly in the basement. The early 90s was synonymous with openness to foreign European and international chair since it was created. From 2004, new chairs were added to the existing ones as the chair out against poverty or the computer chair and computational sciences.
The building is an architectural masterpiece that is worth seeing. In addition, the library of the College de France is one of the most impressive for an educational institution.
Transfer to the College of France in Paris
The Collège de France is located 16.2 kilometers from Orly Airport, 34.3 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.