Shuttle transfer between Trocadéro and Parisians airports
History and visit the Palais du Trocadéro
It is the occasion of the Exposition Universelle of 1878 was high on the hills of the Paris Palais du Trocadéro in the eighth arrondissement of Paris. The building was destroyed in 1937.
Gabriel Davioud architects and Jules Bourdais were the builders of the palace, it is formed by two wings half-circle that connects the central part, and includes two of the neo-Byzantine style. This is Jean-Charles Alphand, garden specialist who designed the gardens. Organized around a waterfall, gardens include several statues, including Auguste Cain Bull and Horse in Harrow Pierre Louis Rouillard.
Initially, the Palais du Trocadéro was not to go beyond the Expo, but eventually would survive. At the exhibition of 1900, the flags of French colonies and protectorates are installed in the palace gardens. The Trocadero Palace housed a theater. The largest ballroom ever built at that time. The great hall of the palace of semicircular shape can accommodate 5,000 seats for concerts and conferences. Two square towers with a height of over 80 meters were assistants to the room. Of both sides, two long curved wings were the development of façade 430 meters. The two wings are each 200 meters are two galleries (Passy wing and using Paris) completed a pavilion head. The roof of the hall is supported by a steel structure of 50 meters in diameter.
After the exhibition was installed at the Trocadero, a leading museum of comparative sculpture, museum Indo-China at the end of the right wing (near Passy) and an ethnographic museum on the first floor. Architectural work criticized by his contemporaries, the Trocadero Palace was mainly occupied by the Museum of French Monuments. Demolished in 1937, it was replaced by the current Palais de Chaillot. But even disappeared, this heritage is part of the legacy of social and cultural history of nineteenth-century France.
Shuttle Palais du Trocadéro in Paris The Palais du Trocadéro in Paris is located 17.7 km from Orly Airport, 35 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.