Shuttle transfer from Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital to Paris airport
History and visit the Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris
Hospital Pitié-Salpêtrière was built in 1656 during the reign of Louis XIV. He entrusted the architect Liberal Sparrow build the building. But many architects who might succeed for the construction, renovation or expansion of the latter as Antoine Duval, Louis Le Vau, Pierre Henri Prudhomme and mute.
The Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital is the first and largest general hospital was predestined to "confinement" beggars. IT was built to reduce the number of beggars who thronged the streets of Paris in that time.
In 1684, the hospital was annexed to house incarcerated women that makes the hospital a place of detention, concentration and repression.
In 1802, he was assigned to hospice old woman of seventy years, blind or people with incurable diseases. The year 1911 marked the great history of the hospital, because once he was appointed hospital pity, adjacent to that of the Salpetriere it merged with itself to form a final and was baptized Pitié -Salpêtrière.
Hospital Pitié-Salpêtrière in Paris is located in the 13th arrondissement on Boulevard of the hospital.
The hospital has a chapel called Chapelle Saint-Louis built during the reign of Louis XIV. It is characterized by a monumental dome. The main entrance of the hospital consists of two conical stacked columns. The central pavilion has three arcades.
Transfer to the Pitié-Salpêtrière
The Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital is located 15.9 km from Orly Airport to 29.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.