The Montsouris park has an area of 16 hectares. It is located in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. It is surrounded by the streets Gazan Nansouty street, boulevard Jourdan, and Avenue Reille. It was inaugurated in 1869. The parks department of Paris maintains the good condition of the garden. The engineer Alphand was the contractor for the completion of this park in the English style.
The purpose of the realization of the Montsouris park is to provide green spaces in every corner of the city of Paris. It was built under the orders of Napoleon III. It was a meeting place where people from all walks of life met.
The Montsouris park was built on the plain of Montsouris between 1867 and 1878. The venue was the career of Montrouge and some preserved bones from various locations where construction has been undertaken. Manufacturers have experienced difficulties in the layout of the place. Mazes and railroads made the work difficult.
The park has a watchtower for meteorological research built between 1868 and 1872. It includes marine services and geographies. A reservoir that fed the lake is located near the park. A memorial to the explorer Flatters decorates the park.
Currently, he is a magnificent park. It is landscaped with many trees, spacious lawns, bridges, waterfalls and caves. It is known with its artificial lake of one hectare which is emptied at the inauguration of the park and that led to the suicide of the contractor.
Transfer to Parc Montsouris in Paris Parc Montsouris is located 15.6 km from Orly Airport to 32.9 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 102 km from Beauvais Airport.