The development of the rue des Halles in Paris in the 1st district in 1854 led to the removal of several ancient streets of the nineteenth century. She joined the Rue des Bourdonnais in the rue de Rivoli.
In 1135, Louis VI had moved out of the main market town on a quote in the time called The Hats. It did not take a lot of time that this place is incorporated into the city and became the center of the evolution of Paris. Philippe Auguste bought, fifty years later, the surrounding land to enlarge the area of Les Halles and have it build buildings.
The district will not cease to molt to accelerate the expansion of the capital. In 1763, the market Blés was installed and became the Bourse du Commerce from 1889. It was subsequently the Cemetery of the Innocents, which will be transformed into trade in fruit and vegetables. The Innocents church was completely demolished, thousands of bones were moved stone mines Faubourg de la Tombe-Issoire, current catacomb. For reasons of hygiene, storage and security, Napoleon III completely redevelop the Halles.
Their offense was a medieval style in this modern era. All the houses that stood there were completely demolished to make way for twelve pavilions all glass and umbrellas pellets Baltard. All the comforts we could imagine was there, very modern, supplied with water and lighted with gas. The former Paris of Victor Hugo gave way to that of Zola and about a century after that of Doisneau.
Transfer from Les Halles Paris airports
The streets are Halles to 22.26 km from the airport of Orly, 30.66 km from Charles de Gaulle and 92.33 km from Beauvais Airport.