History and visit the Arcola Street in Paris
Arcola Street joined in front of Notre Dame Bridge of Arcola through the island de la Cite. This is a great way which was built in the early nineteenth century. Bedside formerly Rue Saint-Landry and Rue Saint-Pierre-aux-oxen.
The first street owes its name to the relics of St. Landry were transported in the church of St. Landry during the invasion of the Vikings. There were the remains of the family Boucherat, Pierre Broussel and wife Girardon. The burial of his wife Girardon carved a magnificent monument.
In 1790 in the Rue Saint-Landry was discovered in the foundations of the church of human bones. It seems that they are the relics of the Bishop of Paris Saint-Landry and the rest of the battle made on this site. Ruins of a triumphal monument dating from the time the Franks were also found in the wall that surrounds the city.
A very old market butcher gave its name to both the street and at the church was transferred to the twelfth century near Châtelet. In the Rue Saint-Pierre-aux-Steers was a church as old as the Church of St. Landry. Demolished only portal of the church is still visited the church of Saint-Severin.
Transfer to Arcola Street in Paris
Arcola Street is 20 kmof Orly airport, 34 from CDG airport, 105 km from the airport of Beauvais.