Early pick up at Saint-Martin to Paris Roissy CDG airport
History and visit the Rue Saint-Martin in Paris
Rue Saint-Martin in Paris. This street is one of the main roads of the city of Paris. It bears his name due to the Abbey of Saint-Martin-des-Champs now disappeared. The Conservatory of Arts and Crafts was built on its site. It had four doors in the respective forums which protected the city under Louis VI Philip Augustus, CharlesVI, Louis XIII.
This side of the street was formerly known as board-and Mibray Arcis due to boards and then the bridge constructed to circulate through age above the muddy puddles left by the Seine in flood recession in the spring. In the Rue des Arcis church Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie built in the eleventh century is the only building that bears the name of the great slaughter of the city to Châtelet was destroyed in 1792. These monuments only a tower dating from 1508 recalls the life of the street.
Rue Saint-Martin, which starts at the Rue des Lombards was the street workers, merchants and artists of all time. It was the tumultuous times witnessed in Paris. His name is also mentioned in the battles between the Armagnacs and the Burgundians, disorders of the league and almost every day events of the Revolution. during the Republic it also witnessed the insurrection of 1832, riots and battles of that era.
Rue Saint-Martin had three churches, the great priory of Saint-Martin and Saint-Julien-chapel-of Fiddlers. This chapel and a hospital was founded as the name suggests by master fiddlers representation for artists in Paris. This building was covered with sculptures of musical instruments from the Middle Ages.
Buildings can still be seen today in the street are: the church of Saint-Meri, the church of Saint-Nicolas-des-Champs, the Conservatory of Arts and Crafts (ex Abbey of Saint-Martin-des-Champs), and Centre Georges Pompidou Beaubourg opened in 1977.
Transfer to the Rue Saint-Martin in Paris Rue Saint-Martin is located 20 km from Orly airport, 30 km from CDG Airport, 90 km from the airport of Beauvais