History and visit the Rue de Turenne in Paris
Located in the heart of the Marais, Rue de Turenne is a way Parisian 3rd and 4th arrondissements. It connects the rue Saint-Antoine and the No. 72 rue Charlot at No. 70. It is 1130 m long and 13-15 m wide. It takes its name from Henri de la Tour d’Auvergne, who was a viscount of Turenne. The Marshal General and lived at the time possessed a mansion down the street.
Turenne Street formerly named Saint-Louis when it was rebuilt in 1674. She carried this name because it led to the Porte Saint-Louis of the wall of Charles V. It is the combination of ancient streets such as rue du Val-Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Louis, which gave birth to the highway. In 1590, the part included in the 4th district was named alley Sewers. She changed into street sewers in 1606, then in New-street sewer, street and the sewer-capped, rue du Val-Sainte-Catherine.
This portion was assembled in 1865 in the rue Saint-Louis that situation in the 3rd district. She took the name of rue Neuve-Saint-Louis then changed to high rue Saint-Louis, then in Saint-Louis au Marais Street Boucherat. The rue de Turenne finally took its name by the judgments of the King’s Council in 1694, 1696, 1698 and 1701.
Street shut several buildings, most were mansions. At No. 36, there was the hotel of Marshal Catinat, at No. 60 Hall Claude Guénégaud at No. 62 Hall of Rancy Bruney … Two fountains also found in the street: Fountain Boucherat and Fontaine de Joyeuse.
Transfer to the Rue de Turenne in Paris
Rue de Turenne is located 19 km from Orly airport, 28 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99 km from Beauvais Airport.