History and visit the Rue de l’Ecole de Medecine in Paris
Located in areas of the Currency and the Odeon, the rue de l’Ecole de Medecine part of public roads in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. Formerly, this street was a Gallo-Roman road that separated the southern Gibard closed closed Laas north. The rue de l’Ecole de Medecine which was opened on the site of Louis VI wall already existed in the 13th century.
At the end of the 13th century, rue de l’Ecole de Medecine was called "street Cordèles" in reference to the Franciscan community that was found in his locality. In the early 14th century, it was called "Saint Cosmas and St. Damian." Then, until the second half of the 17th century, it was known as "Saint-Germain". From 1672 until 1790, she was named "rue des Cordeliers." It was not until about 1793 that it took its current name.
After the assassination of Marat by Charlotte Corday, a few members of the French section of the theater asked that the rue de l’Ecole de Medecine is called "rue de Marat" since the latter lived at No. 20 in this street . After the fall of Robespierre, Marat became street street from the school-of-health. From 1796, the street was again rue de l’Ecole de Medecine.
The rue de l’Ecole de Medecine hosted some famous people in history. Indeed, it was in a mansion at No. 9 this street that the actress Sarah Bernhardt was born in 1844. The famous editor Jean-Baptiste Baillière opened his first publishing house in the street in the wake of the 19th century. The rue de l’Ecole de Medecine is 242 meters long and has a width of 20 meters.
Transfer to the rue de l’Ecole de Medecine in Paris
The rue de l’Ecole de Medecine is located 16.3 km from Orly airport, 33.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.9 km from Paris Beauvais airport .