Shuttle transfer from Saints Innocents cemetery to Paris airports
History and visit the cemetery of the Holy Innocents in Paris
Cemetery of the Innocents is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, in the district of Les Halles. It is located on the Place du Bellay Joachim whose medium is adorned by the Fontaine des Innocents. It is linked with the Church of the Holy Innocents. It dates from antiquity and is dedicated to the children of Judah who were killed by King Herod.
The Innocents cemetery was for parishioners of the church of Saint-Germain-Auxerrois. Later parishioners from other parishes, as well as those killed by epidemics were allowed to be buried there.
Later, the cemetery is traversed by merchants. The corpses were dug up by animals and robbers who were hiding there. Philippe Auguste built a stone fence by three meters.
Vaulted galleries known to Charnier were built around the wall. The bones were placed in the galleries for new people to bury the cimetière.Une chapel was replaced by the Church of the Holy Innocents in 1137par Louis VI. Various changes have been allocated to the cemetery during its existence. In 1550, the area of the cemetery was double the current position. A relationship building was built in 1669 and is toujours.Le cemetery no less than two million Parisians buried. It was closed in 1780 for aesthetic reasons. The bones were transferred into the catacombs. The church and cemetery were removed.
Transferred to the cemetery of the Holy Innocents in Paris
Cemetery of the Innocents is kmof to 19.4 Orly airport, 29.9 km to the Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87 km from Beauvais Airport.