History and visit the Rue Jean Mermoz in Paris
Rue Jean Mermoz is a street in the 8th arrondissement of Paris in the districts of Europe and the Madeleine. This street was opened in 1795 on the territory of the land of the Colosseum. The French lawyer and politician Léon Gambetta had a home, now defunct, at No. 12 rue Jean Mermoz.
In the late 18th century, the extensive grounds of the coliseum, a luxurious pleasure facility was sold as national property after departing in 10 lots. Rue Jean Mermoz was subsequently drawn on one of these lots, but this time, she still bore the name “Mountain Street.” It was only from 1937 that was called street “Jean Mermoz” in memory of the famous aviator Jean Mermoz for airmail.
Rue Jean Mermoz begins at the roundabout of the Champs-Elysées-Marcel-Dassault and ends at the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. It is 306 meters long. Its lesser width was set at 14.40 meters following publication of a ministerial decree in July 1804. By a Ministerial Decision dated 18 Ventose year XIII, the width of the rue Jean Mermoz was reduced to 10.80 meters.
You do not find enough historic buildings in the Rue Jean Mermoz. However, some famous people in the history of France attended this road before. The prominent politician Emile Marcere lived in a building located at 25 rue. At No. 6 is a house that was a bar run by a clown Footit 1920.
Transfer to Rue Jean Mermoz in Paris
Rue Jean Mermoz is located 22.4 km from Orly airport, 31.3 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from Paris Beauvais airport.