History and visit the Rue d’Artois in Paris
The rue d’Artois is a street in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, which is in the neighborhood of Faubourg du Roule. It connects the No. 96 rue La Boétie at No. 52 Washington Street. Morphologically, it has a length of 380 meters and a width of 12 meters. The street was created in 1823 and carried different names over time as rue Neuve de Poitiers Street Stables-d’Artois Street Reform in 1848, Street Stables-d’Artois in 1852.
It was in 1822 that the road was open, this time it was on the grounds of the former royal nursery belonging to the Comte d’Artois, this street runs between Washington Street and Rue La Boétie. It was also called street rue d’Estaing and Stables-d’Artois because of the vicinity of the stables prince. Since 1897, the street enjoying his current name rue d’Artois.
The rue d’Artois is linked to many historical memories. At No. 1 brewery found itself on the ground floor which was in 1924, the appointment of the Surrealists André Breton. At No. 3 is found the remains of the poet Alfred de Vigny and his wife. They lived there from 1833 to 1838. We also recall the demi-mondaine Emilienne d’Alençon (1869-1946) who lived with her husband, Percy Woodland jockey in the 1890s at No. 5.
It is bordered very historical buildings. At No. 23, there was the building made of stone and brick in which Claire Vanderbilt (1922-2005) had a superb collection of paintings. No. 27 was the location of which is the Blue Note jazz club shows from 1958 to 1968. At No. 37bis is a plaque commemorating the Breton writer Pitre-Chevalier (1812-1863).
Transfer to the rue d’Artois in Paris
Rue d’Artois is located 25.9 km from Orly Airport to 31.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.