Shuttle transfer between National library and Paris airports
History and visit the National Library in Paris
The National Library of Richelieu is located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris on the Rue Vivienne. It was set up during the reign of Charles V and placed in the tower of the Louvre bookstore. It was inaugurated in 1461 and has 14 million prints. It is the largest library in the world.
An inventory made by Gilles Malet in 1373 counted at that time 910 volumes in the library. The number of volume decreased by 850 volumes during the reign of Charles VII. An increase in volumes was observed under Louis XI. The library received books from the Dukes of Burgundy, libraries of Naples and Pavia.
During the previous regimes, the National Library was called king's library, library imperial and royal library. She took the name National Library in 1871. She experienced turbulent times and specific changes. It is a historical 17th century. It is attached to the Ministry of Culture.
The library opens onto the garden with a magnificent facade Louvois made by large windows with pediments carved superbements. The front of the library on the coast of the Rue des Petits Champs is composed of sculptures and huge windows allowing natural light entry.
The library has many sections with different functions. It is made by depositing manuscripts, prints the firm, the firm titles and genealogies, antique cabinet, cabinet cards, the cabinet of medals and section printed.
Transfer to the National Library in Paris
The National Library is located 20.7 km from Orly Airport to 27.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.