Transportation Place du Louvre to Orly airport
History and visit of the Place du Louvre in Paris
The Place du Louvre is nice place that is located in the first district of the city of Paris. It is located in the district of Saint Germain l'Auxerrois. It measures 113 meters long and 33 meters wide. It is placed between the street of Admiral Coligny and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois.
The creation of this site was made before the beginning of the 13th century. It took its present name in 1814. The construction of this site led to the destruction of some hotels that were near the Louvre. Before its current name, the place called the Place Saint Germain l'Auxerrois. A fraction of a path that was in front of the Louvre was named columns instead of Jena between 1806 and 1814. This name was given to commemorate the Battle of Jena, 14 octobre1806.
The Place du Louvre housed the town hall built by the first district Hittorf in 1859. Remarkable works were in the street as the great tower called Carillon built by Ballu columns and statues of the dial by Klagmann. Houses that are on this site must have the same decorations since the decree of November 1853. Specific sites are located on the Place du Louvre. The church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois and the mayor of the first arrondissement of Paris located at the eastern end of the square of the Louvre. The splendid colonnades Louvre open on this site.
Transfer to the Place du Louvre in Paris
The Place du Louvre is localized at a distance of 22.3 km from Orly Airport to 27.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.