Shared shuttle Rue des Saussaies to Orly airport
History and visit the Rue des Saussaies in Paris
Saussaies the street belongs to the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It starts in the place Beauvau and ends up in the Saussaies. Founded in the 17th century, the street has a length of 146 meters. Its minimum width of 9 meters was set by a ministerial decision of 20 Fructidor XI. Its current width of 10 meters was a royal decree of 21 November 1837.
Saussaies the street had several names in history. It was called the Chemin des Careers in the late 17th century. The path led to many careers. Once disused quarries became spaces where vegetation planting willow and hazel dominated. Under Louis XV, the street was named path and path of Saussaies Couldraye. The street was also called a lane Baudet time before enjoying its current name from street Saussaies in 1837.
It is good to remember that the road began to be decorated mansions in the middle of the 18th century like those of La Chapelle du Tillet and The Rochecourbon. Rue des Saussaies is linked to other historic buildings and places. At No. 8 was the Marquis de Rochegude. Nos. 9-15 sheltered buildings depended on the Ministry of the Interior, whose No. 11 is a side door.
More specifically, the No. 10 was the home of Louis Armand Dominique Angel, Marquis of Gourgue (1777-1841), a peer of France, Member of Parliament Tarn-et-Garonne of 1820-18273. The Colonel Viscount Grancey Mandate (1831-1870), killed in Champigny during the Franco-Prussian War of 1870, was born there. At No. 11 found a building which became in 1940 the seat of the German Security Police.
Transfer to the Rue des Saussaies in Paris
Rue des Saussaies is located 22.2 km from Orly Airport to 29.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.6 km from Paris Beauvais airport.