History and visit the Rue de l’Ancienne Comédie
Formerly known as the Rue des Fosses Saint-Germain, the rue de l’Ancienne-comedy is a street in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. This street was opened on the site of the wall of Philippe-Auguste in the mid 16th century. The rue de l’Ancienne Comedie is located in the neighborhood of the Mint.
The rue de l’Ancienne Comedie begins at n ° 1 rue de Buci and No. 67 of the Rue Saint-André-des-Arts. It ends No. 132 Boulevard Saint-Germain. This street is 116 meters long and has a width of 14 meters. Several bus lines serve the site which is on the rue de l’Ancienne Comedie.
In 1668, this street was called Rue de la Comedie referring to the erection of the first French theater. By a decree issued in May 1834, rue de la Comédie becomes rue de l’Ancienne Comedie. Coffee “Procope”, located in the Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie became a meeting place for some famous writers of the 18th century such as Freron, Voltaire, Marmontel and Duclos.
Today, the Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie has lost none of its charm. Always busy, it still retains some memories of the past. The “Procope”, which happens to be the oldest Café de Paris is located at No. 13 and was elevated to historical monuments. At No. 14 is preserved forever longing for the Jeu de Paume old. The building was converted into “French theater”. The former General Secretary of the Grand Orient, Pierre Vassal, arranged a house at No. 18.
Transfer to the rue de l’Ancienne Comedie in Paris
The rue de l’Ancienne Comedie is located 19.4 km from Orly airport, 33.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport to the rue de l’Ancienne Comédie and 89.7 km from Paris Beauvais airport.