- History and visit the Rue des Blancs-Manteaux in Paris
- Transfer to the rue des Blancs-Manteaux in Paris
History and visit the Rue des Blancs-Manteaux in Paris
The rue des Blancs-Manteaux is in the Saint-Merri and Saint-Gervais in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. This first street connects the rue du Temple in the rue Vieille-du-Temple. These are Rambuteau City Hall and serving the site on which is the street of the White Friars.
Around the 13th century, this street bore the name of the street and then Parcheminerie Little Parcheminerie. In 1289 she was named as the street name of the White Friars, the name it retained until now. She was named to refer to the convent of the White Coats on this street.
This beautiful Parisian street was transported to the song written by Jean-Paul Sartre and sung by the brothers Jacques and Juliette Greco. The song recalls the executions defiled the street at the time of the revolution. Currently, rue des Blancs-Coats is characterized by its historic buildings become tourist attractions. Among the most popular there at No. 12 Notre-Dame-des-Blancs Jackets at No. 15 the theater of the White Friars opened in 1792 and No. 16 Crédit Municipal.
Street of the Blancs-Manteaux begins at No. 51 of the Rue Vieille-du-Temple and ends at No. 40 Temple Street. It has a length of 330 meters. According to a ministerial decision signed Benezech 22 Prairial year V, the width of the street of the White Friars was set to 8 meters. Later, this width has been increased to 10 meters.
Transfer to the rue des Blancs-Manteaux in Paris
The rue des Blancs-Coats is located 19.2 km from Orly airport, 33.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.7 km from Paris Beauvais airport.