History and visit the Avenue Matignon in Paris
The avenue Matignon in the 8th arrondissement is of Paris. She travels the Champs-Élysées. It begins at the roundabout of the Champs-Elysées and ends at the intersection of rue de Penthièvre Avenue Delcasse. The establishment of this avenue was made Between 1774 and 1780. It currently bears the name was Given in 1926.
This is the Marquis de Marigny, who Began work in the Avenue Matignon. She was made entre le rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the roundabout of the Champs-Élysées. The hand That Stood entre le rue Rousselet and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré Street Called Millet. This name was in honor of Jacques Millet, the owner of the land on Which stands the avenue. Letters patent dated 8 September 1787 ordered the opening of street and fixed icts width to 30 feet. While the upper portion of the Faubourg Saint-Honoré was appointed Petite Rue Verte. The entire street was named in avenue Matignon in 1926. This name is in honor of Charles Augustus Goyon Matignon, a marshal of France to Emphasize That It HAS nothing to do with the Hotel Matignon. The width of the avenue was set at 10 meters Following a ministerial decision dated 21 June 1800.
The avenue Matignon is filled with exceptional buildings. It is the seat of the auction house, Christie’s France, Romanet gallery, art gallery André Weil. The headquarters of the Red Cross was in this street in 1910. Were mansions along the avenue as the hotel hosted Pascal Two Sicilies, the Vaupalière Hotel and the Hotel de la Marquise de Mortemart.
Transfer to the Avenue Matignon in Paris
The avenue Matignon is located at a distance of 20.6 km from Orly Airport to 30.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.