History and visit the Quai des Grands Augustins in Paris
The Quai des Grands-Augustin is a dock belonging to the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It lies on the left bank of the Seine, more precisely between the Pont Neuf and the Pont Saint-Michel. This platform is accessible via the metro station Saint-Michel and several bus lines which RAPT 21, 24 and 38.
Before the arrival of Philippe-le-Bel, there was a large dock on the land on which were planted willows. At that time, the place served people walk pass and people who lived nearby. To 1313, Philippe le Bel built the first dock on this site. At this time, due to frequent flooding, it became difficult for residents to access their homes near the wharf, where in 1231 the king’s decision to make faster wharf construction.
Located in the Mint, the Quai des Grands-Augustins itself starts at Pont Saint-Michel and No. 2 place Saint-Michel. It finds its end in Pont-Neuf and No. 1 rue Dauphine. Morphologically, the Quai des Grands-Augustin has a length of 354 meters and a width of 16 meters wide.
Several celebrities, including Baroness Aurore Dupin said Georges Sand, Jean Racine and Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre lived in the Quai des Grands-Augustins. Various famous artists like Barbara Bel Jacques Marcel Marceau also occur in the Cabaret at the Lock No. 15 Wharf.
Transfer to the Quai des Grands Augustins in Paris
Le Quai des Grands Augustins is located 19.8 km from Orly airport, 34.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.5 km from Paris Beauvais airport.