History and visit the Rue Championnet Paris
Championnet Street is a street that is part of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It begins at 135 rue Fishmongers and ends at 90 avenue de Saint-Ouen, from which it extends on Guy Môquet. In a large extent, it is 1870 m long and 14-20 m wide.
Historically, this route was inaugurated in 1858. The area between the street to the Fishmongers Damrémont street was called at the time street Oudot. She took the name Championnet street to its full extent, street Fishmongers to Avenue de Saint-Ouen in 1877. It derives its name from Jean Etienne Championnet who was Major General during the Revolution.
In this street were erected at No. 34 workshops that the Germans used during the war. On 21 April 1944 the workshops were bombed 641personnes died. The Iranian writer Sadegh Hedayat committed suicide in his house at No. 37 in 1951. At No. 42, we find the Passage Duhesme called before 1877 Baudelique pass. It leads instead Albert Khan and extending the Duhesme street. The latter in 1868. It takes its name from Major General William Philibert Duhesme.
Championnet the street has specific sites such as Championnet Sports Centre which is located at No. 172. Before 1901, a Dutch hospital was built here. The Church of Sainte-Geneviève-des Grandes Careers is located at No. 174. She was formerly a chapel which was called the Chapel works Championnet street. In 1907, it was established as a parish and surrounding a Protestant orphanage disappeared.
Transfer to Paris Rue Championnet
Street Championnet is located 28.2 kilometers from Orly Airport, 24.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 82.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.