History and visit the Rue d’Assas in Paris
The rue d’Assas liaison between the rue de Vaugirard and avenue de l’Observatoire. This street is located in the 6th arrondissement in neighborhoods Notre-Dame-des-Champs and Odeon. It was in this street that the Chevalier d’Assas Nicolas was killed because of his heroic in October 1760.
The street was named “rue d’Assas” in honor of the heroic knight who was captain of the regiment of Auvergne. The rue d’Assas was opened in 1798 between the streets and the Vaugirard Cherchemidi. Before being named rue d’Assas in April 1868, this street was named West Street and Sunset Street.
On the ground, the rue d’Assas proper begins at No. 25 bis rue du Cherche-Midi and ends at No. 12 Avenue de l’Observatoire. It is 1190 meters long and has a width of 15 meters. It identifies several individuals intimately tied to the rue d’Assas which the Swedish writer August Strindberg, the famous painter Martha Stettler, writer Pierre Benoit and Lacanian psychoanalyst Jacques-Alain Miller.
Rue d’Assas is home to several important specific sites remain forever witness history. At No. 4 of the street is the famous gourmet restaurant Hélène Darrose. The sculptor Jean Gautherin disposed of remains at No. 84 rue d’Assas. In No. 21 of the street is the Catholic Institute of Paris and No. 100 bis of the rich Musée Zadkine.
Transfer to the Rue d’Assas in Paris
Rue d’Assas is located 15.4 km from Orly Airport to 35.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport. The rue d’Assas is located 97.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.