History and visit the Bercy district of Paris
The Bercy is located in the 12th arrondissement of the French capital. This is the 47th administrative district of Paris and lies all along the Seine. This area was a densely populated area and is known for being the place where the goods arrived. It is surrounded by the Seine, the district Fifteen-Twenty, Picpus district and the town of Charenton-le-Pont. It is connected with the 13th arrondissement with dives bridges, including the bridge of Bercy Tolbiac Bridge and Simone de Beauvoir footbridge. It is served by the metro Bercy and Cour Saint Emilion. It is also accessible from the device and ways on bank. The door to this area as the starting point of the A4 motorway.
The Bercy contains the oldest remains of Paris. Research in this area have uncovered the remains of a village dating from 4000 to 38,000 BC
These findings related pottery, bone tools, stone tools, wooden canoes and bows and arrows. The name of Bercy was found for the first time in deeds dating from the 12th century. Previously, he belonged to the family of Montmorency, then Malon. The town of Bercy was abolished in 1860 and was shared between the city of Charenton and the city of Paris. Various constructions were then implemented the construction of the railway Paris-Lyon, expanding the Bois de Vincennes and the redevelopment of wine warehouses. This is the 20th century that large modification work were made to the district. The architects have developed recreation areas and commercial areas such as Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy and Bercy Park. It also has a business district.
The Bercy district is characterized by the presence of the famous sports stadium of Paris-Bercy in its enclosure. This stage is a room that can accommodate a variety of shows. It lies between the Ministry of Finance and the Parc de Bercy on the right bank of the Seine. It covers an area of 55,000 square meters and has 3500-17 000 seats. It is adaptable to any type of event space and can accommodate up to 18,000 spectators. It can also receive various water events and has rinks. Its main hall is designed to accommodate large concerts. The scene can be placed at the end or in the middle of the room. This room has no poles and which provides a better view for spectators.
The outer shape of the palace takes a pyramidal shape. The palace was one of the major redevelopment of the Bercy in 1970. The inauguration of the palace was completed February 3, 1984 by the Mayor of Paris Jacques Chirac at the time. This historic district of Paris and contains the Bercy Park, which extends over an area of 14 hectares. It is part of the largest parks in the city of Paris. The creation of the park was completed in 1993. It has three beautiful gardens, with its romantic garden, lawns and meadows. The design of these gardens was carried out by landscape and well-known architects. The park houses the Museum of Fairground Arts in its eastern part. This museum shows the fairgrounds between 1850 and 1950.
Transfer to Paris Bercy district
Bercy is located at a distance of 16.9 km from Orly Airport, 29.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 98 km from Beauvais Airport.