History and visit the Rue de Sevigne in Paris
The name of the rue de Sévigné is the name of the famous Marquise de Sévigné Marie-Chantal of Rabutin. This lady was known by the letters she wrote to the Countess de Grignan. Madame de Sevigne stayed in the Hotel Carnavalet located on this street, from 1677 until his death. The Hôtel Carnavalet was converted into a museum for the city of Paris.
The rue de Sévigné is a highway in the 3rd and 4th arrondissement of Paris. Formerly Rue Culture-Sainte-Catherine, this street is the liaison between the rue du Parc-Royal to the Rue Saint-Antoine. The rue de Sévigné opens the way to the wall of Philippe Auguste.
The unfortunate event happened to the Constable de Clisson marked forever the history of the rue de Sévigné. Indeed, it was in this street that the constable was attacked by 20 murderers under the leadership of Sir Craon. This terrible attack took place after the return of the Constable de Clisson the hotel Saint-Paul.
At the end of the rue de Sévigné, one can see the beautiful and majestic Church of St. Paul and St. Louis. Morphologically, rue de Sévigné measure 386 meters long and has a width of 10 meters minimum. Visitors passing through this street will surely enjoy the quietness and especially the cleanliness of the streets.
Transfer to the rue de Sevigne in Paris
Rue de Sevigne is located 18.6 km from Orly Airport to 32.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.9 km from Paris Beauvais airport.