History and visit the Place du Pere Teilhard de Chardin in Paris
Place of Father Teilhard arranges the Arsenal quarter of the 4th district of Paris. This site has this name due to a municipal decree of 23 November 1981 with the main objective memory of Father Teilhard de Chardin. He was well known in France as a Jesuit theologian, philosopher and paleontologist. Not only in France, but it was also known worldwide for his theory of evolution as a scientist: geologist specialist Pleistocene vertebrate paleontologist specializing in the Cenozoic. His name received the worth attributed to several educational institutions (college, university) in recognition. Greg Bear, a writer of science fiction also made borrowing the name of Teilhard de Chardin, and Dan Simmons in his work The Hyperion Cantos. The Father Teilhard was a priest, born in 1881 and died in New York in 1955, his faith in Jesus Christ or even the title of scientist led him to go around the world from China to San Francisco from Paris to New York, the Gobi Desert in Mongolia. He was even invited by South Africa for its geological capabilities.
This is the work of sculptor Jean-Robert Ipousteguy entitled Man with soles before that first strikes the eye via this site. . Instead of Teilhard’s debute at the library of the arsenal as part of the National Library of France. It is a place where cultural document, learn and see the exhibitions on urban areas, while the library contains a large collection of encyclopedias books and manuscripts. Place of Father Teilhard has been a project of landscaping and will soon be opening.
The 4th district has a large site architecture of the nineteenth century with the fire Celestine, built in 1892 under Francis I, by Batesti, a sector of the cavalry of the guard of the republic and the subject of adornment of sculpture Allard. From the site Teilhard de Chardin leaving the Sully-Morland metro, a beautiful building dating back to 1905 is visible. It was designed by architect A.Poussin, it is located on the sidewalk on the corner between Henri IV and Celestine dock. Its facade is the extension of the Rue du Petit Musc.
By this boulevard, the square Barye, occupying an area of 3000 m², construction Marqueste animal sculptor in 1894, in the era of World War II and is a staging violent battles. The small square Henri Galli from the same boulevard, from which it is possible to see the bottom of the tower of Liberty, the ruins of the Bastille, revealed at the subway construction in the nineteenth century.
Transfer to Place of Father Teilhard de Chardin in Paris
Place of Father Teilhard de Chardin is located at a distance of 35 km from Orly Airport, 43.6 km from the airport Charles de Gaulle Airport and 63.9 km from the airport Beauvais.