History and visit the Rue Charlot in Paris
The rue Charlot is a highway in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris. Morphologically, this street is 652 meters long. Before 14 Thermidor Year VIII, the width of the street was 7.60 meters. Ministerial Decision signed by L. Bonaparte thereafter bore width of 8 meters rue Charlot. This new fixed width was further increased to 10 meters.
The street takes its current name to a poor peasant from Languedoc, Claude Charlot. Fortune smiled suddenly this poor man and he became a wealthy financier owns several houses in the street Charlot in the 17th century. This street starts at No. 12 Rue des Quatre-Son and ends at No. 27 Boulevard du Temple.
The oldest street of Orleans-au-Marais was absorbed by the rue Charlot in 1694. The street still stretched north to the streets and Boucherat Vendôme. At this time, the new party was called Bosc street in honor of Claude Bosc, who was a famous merchant provost of the 17th century.
The rue Charlot draws particular charm in its history. Indeed she hosted several famous figures such as Jean-Baptiste Pigalle and Lazare Carnot. The street is also home to several historic buildings including several mansions, a Church of the Eparchy Sainte-Croix-de-Paris and Rudier Foundry.
Transfer to the rue Charlot in Paris
Rue Charlot is located 18.2 km from Orly airport, 27.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.9 km from Paris Beauvais airport.