Transfer to the church of St. Julien le Pauvre in Paris
History and visit the church of St. Julien le Pauvre in Paris
The church of St. Julien le Pauvre is located on the left bank of the Latin Quarter of Paris city. It is located in the neighborhood of La Seine in Montebello Square René Viviani. It is located on the rue Saint-Julien le Pauvre in the 5th arrondissement. The name of this street is in reference to Saint-Julien hospital. This church is attached to the Archdiocese of Paris and is celebrated the Greek Melkite Catholic worship. The construction of this church began in late 12th century and ended in the early 13th century. Gothic transition style dominates in the construction of the church building. It is classified as a historic monument since 1846.
The church of St. Julien le Pauvre was a simple chapel of a hospital. It was built at the intersection of two major roads leading Roman Lutetia. During the invasion of the Normans in 886, the building fell into disrepair. King Henry I gave it to the bishop of Paris in 1030 years. The construction of the present church was made between 1170 and 1240 on the foundations of the old building. Thus, the church is one of the oldest churches in the French capital. It was bequeathed to the Hotel Dieu in Paris in 1655. She became a national property during the French Revolution. She was transformed into a salt cellar in 1790. It becomes a church in 1826 and dedicated to the Byzantine ceremony in 1889. A wall decorated with icons separating the nave and the choir of the church in 1900. In the bottom right of the front is a slab of the old Roman road. Many priests have succeeded at the head of the church since 1888. Archimandrite Charbel Maalouf and Exarch of the Basilian Order Chouérite is the priest of the church from 2011 until today. This church is well known in television series like sister Therese series or series Highlander.
The church of St. Julien le Pauvre adopts a Gothic style exception. It is very rich in history and this is what attracts many visitors each year. The construction of the choir of the church was completed between 1210 and 1220. While the nave was built between 1170 and 1220. Campaigns restoration of the church was in progress in the 19th century. The facade of the Romanesque church still retains features such as columns with leftovers or galleries. Being a church dedicated to the Greek Byzantine worship, inside the church has neither organ or statue. The windows of the church are entirely white. The interior of the church is characterized by its Romanesque architecture of the 13th century. Arches separating the nave on the low side. It has columns crowned with capitals water leaves. A barrel vault joined inside the building in the 17th century. Above the iconostasis is placed an icon of the Mother of God. This st church served by various metro stations as Metro Cluny La Sorbonne metro Maubert Mutualite and Metro Saint-Michel. It is also accessible by RER of Our Lady and Saint-Michel. It is open every day of the week.
Transfer to the church of St. Julien le Pauvre in Paris The church of St. Julien le Pauvre is located at a distance of 17.9 km from Orly Airport, 28.2 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 101 km from Beauvais Airport.