- History and visit the museum of French monuments in Paris
- Transfer to the museum of French monuments in Paris
History and visit the museum of French monuments in Paris
The museum of French monuments is located in a wing of the Palais de Chaillot which lies between the Trocadero and facing the Eiffel Tower. It is a museum of architecture and monumental sculpture created in the name of the sculpture museum. It was founded by Eugène Viollet-le-Duc in 1879. The opening of the museum was made in 1882. The main collections are presented in three different galleries, the gallery of modern and contemporary architecture, the gallery wall paintings and stained glass windows and moldings gallery. It retains about d1000-year history of architecture from the 12th century until today.
A gallery of molding has been established since 1879 and has the oldest museum collections. The architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc created two reports on the establishment of a museum of molding in the Palais de Chaillot. These reports were accepted by the Minister of Education Jules Ferry and the Director of Fine Arts Antonin Proust in 1879. This gallery function was to show in one place the most spectacular French statues dating from the 12th to the 16th century in their size. But after the death of Viollet le Duc, a committee consisting of curators, architects and master thinkers was created. This committee’s role was to carry out the project of Viollet Le Duc and they have shaped the works specified by it in the first place for. Two exhibition halls casts were presented to the public during the museum’s opening in 1882. The number of collections is constantly increasing from 1903 to 1927. Reorganizations collections specifically redirecting to French art collections were made in 1937 when the museum was renamed the Museum of French Monuments. Gallery molding currently occupies the ground floor of the building. The collections are presented in a chronological and topographical order. Old models are also exhibited in this gallery to the delight of visitors.
The establishment of collections copies of murals was made on the initiative of Paul Deschamps in 1937. This gallery was created to show the general public the most important of French arts wall size. The gallery of murals and stained glass currently occupies two levels of the institution. Currently, it has a large number of works relating to the French art from the 11th to the 16th century. Arts stained glass dating from the 12th to the 16th century in France complete the collections of the gallery. Thus, vaults, crypts and chapels are represented in the same volume. The first floor of the building is occupied by the gallery of modern and contemporary architecture. The gallery opened in 2007 shows French architecture from 1850 until today. Thus, it presents drawings, digital documents, models, archival footage and even elements of buildings. It shows visitors the architectural and industrial growth trends. A visit to the gallery is divided into two distinct sections, architecture, society, design and build.
Transfer to the museum of French monuments in Paris
The museum of French monuments from Orly Airport located at a distance of 21.2 km , 32.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.